The O’Connell Advantage
For more than 30 years, O'Connell's has been a reliable source of home care for individuals, families, and community facilities, and received referrals by health care, medical, and social service organizations throughout western Massachusetts. Here are a few things that set us apart:
- O'Connell's is locally owned and operated by Fran O'Connell, a Holyoke native who is actively involved and invested in his community.
- All staff members undergo a detailed pre-employment screening process, including reference checks, a thorough criminal background check, and drug screening. Employees are also mandated to participate in 12 hours of in-services annually.
- O'Connell's does not use an answering service—our office staff is accessible 24 hours a day, every day of the year, to respond to schedule changes, arrange services, and communicate with caregivers. We respond rapidly to any service request or change in services.
- To ensure the client/caregiver relationship is an enriching, supportive one, we conduct quality assurance visits by a registered nurse as part of our Quality Control Program.
- O'Connell provides thousands of hours of home care service every year through a trained network of more than 180 service providers.
- In determining the services that best suit you, we perform an honest assessment of your physical, mental, and spiritual needs, working with the entire family to discuss appropriate services. If we are unable to provide you with the necessary care to fit your unique situation, we will work with you to find the right service that will.